Documents You May Need to Provide in a Divorce
When you come to the Law office of Harry Lewis Co., L.P.A. for your initial consultation, you do not need to bring any documents. However, as you prepare for your divorce, you may eventually need to provide the following (if applicable):
- Current Paycheck stubs from all sources of employment or verification of income, or Profit and Loss Statements if self-employed.
- State and Federal tax returns and corresponding W-2s.
- Copy of mortgage deed(s).
- Copy of Mortgage Statement(s).
- Copies of bank statements, including but not limited to checking account, savings account, etc.
- Copies of any and all credit card statements, including current balances and detailed transacations.
- Copy of any life insurance policies.
- Itemized list of any and all assets and liabilities.
- Statements for pension funds, retirement funds, 401K plans, mutual fund or IRAs.
- Title or registration for any and all vehicles, including but not limited to automobiles/boats/ATVs/snowmobiles, farm equipment or other vehicles owned by you or your spouse individually or jointly.